Your Guide to
Best VPN Services &
Online Privacy in 2020
We test + review VPNs and security software.
Best VPN 2020 – Editor’s Choice
- Parent company registered in Romania (no data retention)
- Strict 'no log' policy and no DNS leaks detected
- Excellent average download speeds
- Strong encryption: Elliptic Curve Cryptography, AES-GCM, obfuscation + WireGuard support
- Includes access to encrypted browser proxy add-on
- Allows up to 6 simultaneous connections
- Fast support responses
- Not a huge selection of servers but covers key regions
- Audited 'no-log' VPN with strong privacy track record
- Registered in the British Virgin Islands (outside "14 Eyes")
- Excellent download speeds
- Simple and easy-to-use VPN apps
- Up to 5 simultaneous connections allowed
- Not the cheapest
- Occasional connection drop-offs
Private Internet Access
- Good speeds
- Proven 'no-log' track record
- Allows up to 10 simultaneous connections
- Well-designed VPN apps
- Has servers in 30+ countries
- Large userbase and a fave VPN on Reddit's /r/vpn
- Has DNS leak protection
- Based in US (within 5 Eyes)
Essential privacy tools
BestVPNz.com was launched in 2012 with the aim of bringing you impartial guides and tips for improving your online privacy.
We specialise in thoroughly researching, testing and reviewing a wide range of security software. From best VPN services and cloud storage to password managers and secure email – we’ll help you optimise your online privacy setup.
This resource is reader-supported and is 100% ad-free. Learn more about our mission and how you can support us.